Some Glad Morning......

Hello Friends,
Today I wanted to write in honor of my Uncle Marvin.  He was a gentle giant, a powerful man of God!  He was a pastor and a friend to many, he was a loving husband father, grand father, brother and a mentor to many.

He had a smile and a personality that lit up any room! He always had a story and a way to encourage or cheer you.  We all love him and miss him dearly.  He made his transition last night (Monday, January 20, 2014).  It was an honor to have had him as a part of my life.  He taught us and nurtured us and taught us to be a solider in the army of the Lord.  As the older saints used to say "He was sold out to Christ".  He was an example to many.  He showed love when needed and he gave instruction as well.  We celebrate him today!!!

We miss him already but we are glad he has received his reward.  We still hear the songs he sang and the sermons he preached and the kind words he had to say.  As I close this post I want to say in the voice of my granddaughter SJ when she was a toddler "I loved uncle Marvin and I know he Loved Me"!!!




One of Uncle Marvin's Favorite Songs :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts